Brompton C Line Utility - 3-Speed - High Bar - Telescopic Seatpost - 16" Folding Bike - 2022 - black matt
C-LINE – The Classic All-Steel Folding Bike. Original design refined for modern cities.
The 3-speed steel bike with hub gear was the first that Brompton made – a solid city rider built for the streets of London. The sealed gears are protected from grit, water and impact for longer life and less maintenance. Easy-to-use hub gears let you shift when stationary making the C Line Utility a solid choice for stop/start commutes, especially in wetter cities.
The Brompton folding system.
Invented in 1975 by Brompton founder Andrew Richie. Expertly engineered to transform the bike into a small, locked package a little larger than its wheels – all in under 20-seconds. Nothing folds like a Brompton folds.
Not like other bikes.
Brompton engineer an efficient solution for moving around the city and beyond. This is a bike that does more than the obvious, it answers problems owners say they didn’t know they had. ‘You don’t get Brompton until you get a Brompton.’
Each bike is hand-built and quality-assured at Brompton’s London factory to cope with the daily demands of city riding. All Brompton bikes are powder coated in the London factory’s in-house paint facility using environmentally friendly powders and energy from renewable resources powder coated.
Version with 3-speed gears, high handlebar and telescopic seatpost (for inside leg measurement greater than 89cm).
Handlebar version High:
- Rising profile with extended stem.
- Riding position: Neutral for tall riders.
- Elevated for small or medium riders.
- Similar to a Holland bike.
Brompton C Line Features:
- Hand-brazed steel frame and fork.
- Available with 2, 3 and 6 gears (Urban / Utility / Explore)
- Three handlebar types: Low, Mid and High
- Three seatpost lengths
- Same wheelbase & similar riding position as a full-size bike
- Handmade and quality assured in London (UK)
- Fast folding time of about 10-20 seconds
- 16″ wheels for quick acceleration – ideal for city riding
- Individually numbered frame with 7 year manufacturer warranty
- High availability of spare parts
- Front Carrier Block (FCB) for Brompton luggage carrier system
FACT SHEET OF BROMPTON C LINE UTILITY – 3-SPEED – HIGH BAR – TELESCOPIC SEATPOST – 16″ FOLDING BIKE – 2022 – BLACK MATT
|Product Name:||Brompton C Line Utility – 3-Speed – High Bar – Telescopic Seatpost – 16″ Folding Bike – 2022 – black matt|
|gender:||women, men, unisex|
|usage bikesport:||City, Folding Bike|
|shifter:||Brompton 3-speed trigger shifter|
|rear derailleur:||3-speed gear hub|
|bottom bracket:||Square taper|
|crankset:||6061 forged aluminium|
|brakes:||Brompton dual pivot rim brakes|
|wheels:||16″, 28 spoke|
|seat post:||Telescopic Seatpost|
|handle bar:||High Bar|
|fork:||Brazed rigid steel fork|
|frame:||Heat-treated steel tube, hand-soldered, automatically machined solder joints|
|number of chainrings:||1|
|shifting system:||Internal Gear Hub|
|bike extras:||with Fender|
|brake type:||Rim Brake|
|wheel size:||16″ (349mm)|
|bike special accessories:||Reflectors, mudguards|
|tires:||Schwalbe Marathon Racer, 349 x 35C, puncture resistant, reflective sidewall|
|fork construction:||Rigid Fork|